Has travelling alone ever been on your bucket list? If yes, then find your perfect destination in the USA amongst the plethora of touristic places it offers. Choosing the top places to travel solo seems to be difficult, but we’ve got you covered. Head out for your hassle-free enthralling journey to these 11 best places to travel solo in USA:
List OF Best Places To Travel Solo in USA
1: MIAMI, FLORIDA
Forget your fear of travelling alone and set out to see one of the best cities to travel solo in USA. On your journey, you might find other solo travellers in the city. The oh-so-lovely beaches of Miami allow you to have the best time of your life, all by yourself. Enjoy these exquisite beach hangouts all across the city:
- Sightsee via combo tour packages, cruise at the Biscayne Bay, and enjoy airboat and sea-plane rides over the city.
- Get insights of the Cuban culture and their cuisine at the Little Havana Food and Walking Tour in Miami.
- Meet friendly and playful Dolphins at the famous Miami Seaquarium.
- Behold amazing Graffiti artwork on a Golf Cart at the Art Basel Festival on December weekends at Wynwood.
2: San Diego, California
This coastal city is full of fun and frolic. The colorful and chirpy neighborhood, the beautiful beaches, and the majestic natural landscape are a treat to the eyes and heart. When in San Diego, indulge in these activities to lift your spirits: You might also like to read 10 solo travel tips for beginners.
- Extensively hike along Point Loma and sightsee while paragliding along the red sandstone ravines at the Torrey Pines State Reserve.
- Get tipsy & enjoy tasting new cuisines at San Diego’s vibrant neighborhood – Gaslamp Quarter.
- Surf and sun-bathe at beautiful beaches like Coronado and Mission Beach.
- See the sea creatures on a boat/kayak at the La Jolla Cove, standing on the turquoise-colored sea waters.
- Visit the San Diego Maritime Museum along with whale-watching from the cruise.
- Spot the rarest species like Red Panda, Amur Leopards, and Californian condors at the San Diego Zoo.
3: San Francisco, California
The bright sunny city is one of the safest cities for solo-traveling females. Enjoy the foggy mornings from hilltops and bay openings. The warm and welcoming locals always help tourists get comfortable traveling safely in the city. You can visit these places in San Francisco:
- The Golden Gate Bridge at Marin Headlands is a perfect Instagram-worthy place with an internationally iconic background.
- Tour the city via pocket-friendly transports from Muni to the Bay Area Rapid Transport (BART).
- Take a ferry ride to the highest security prison of North America – Alcatraz Penitentiary at San Francisco.
- Enjoy exploring the Asian Art Museum.
4: Washington D.C.
The capital city of the US, named after its first President, George Washington, is one of the safest yet spectacular city to visit. The city’s culture, heritage, and architecture will keep you engaged throughout. Even in this ultra-modern era, this city retains its historical values in the best fashion. You can go for an exciting touring to these places:
- Visit the historic buildings like the White House, Washington Monument, and Congress House, to name a few.
- See the Cherry blossoms in its full bloom on April from the Potomac Park and Tidal Basin.
- At the Old Post Office Pavilion’s clock tower get an awe-struck evening view of Washington’s cityscape. Also dine in the post-office pavilion, now refurbished as a luxurious hotel.
- Science-geeks can enjoy an educational tour of the worldly inventions and creations at the National Geographic Museum.
5: BOULDER, COLORADO
For outdoor thrill-seekers, this is the perfect destination for you. Enjoy trekking, car ride or bike ride along the 45,000 acres open landscape. The awe-struck scenic beauty will sure blow your mind. Located at the foot of the North American Rockies, it is rightfully called “the city nestled between the mountains and reality”. Amongst loads of stuff available, here are a range of things, you can devour in:
- Walk down the traffic-free neighbourhood of Pearl Street and find a perfect spot to eat alone.
- Behold rich cultural heritage at the Museum of Boulder. You can spend a fun-filled day out at this place without tad-bit bored.
- Stroll around and buy fresh local harvest from the farmers at Boulder’s Farmers Market. Open on Saturday mornings from April-November and Wednesday mornings from May-October.
- Hike to get picturesque views of the Rockies Mountains and Flatirons red sandstones.
6: NEW YORK
The uber-chic ambiance coupled with a variety of fun activities will revive your mundane life. Traveling solo and meeting different people in the busy metropolitan will boost your spirit and confidence. When in New York, head out to these places to have an enjoyable time alone:
- Cruise from Manhattan to see the Statue of Liberty and the cityscape on both sides.
- Find a new cuisine and enjoy a scrumptious meal or get drunk at the bars and restaurants.
- Enjoy a delightful city tour wandering around the city on bike or double-decker buses.
- Behold the beauty of modern art at the Museum of Modern Art and find intricate sculptures and paintings at the Frisk Collection.
- Enjoy at the Rockaways beach viewing the sunset and dipping your feet in the cool sea waters.
7: SANTA FE, New Mexico
The second oldest city of the US, with its Pueblo-style Spanish architectural heritage, is a must-visit for solo travellers. Even if you aren’t an art lover, you will still be mesmerised by the even blending of history with the quirky modern culture. You can set out to explore a range of things at the capital of Mexico:
- With over 80 art galleries in Canyon Road, your dull day will come to life with a variety of artworks.
- Stroll around the Pecos National Park – ruins of the ancient Pecos Pueblo settlers, almost a millennium old.
- A trip on an enigmatic psychedelic experience at the Meow Wolf Art Museum, visualizing the abstract light and art exhibits.
- Travel back to the 1800s, dress up in ancient Mexican style, and have a gala time at the Ranch of Swallows
8: MOAB, UTAH
For solo travellers seeking a decent place full of outdoor activities, this small and desolate city is a gem. The thrilling activities amidst the heart of the scenic natural landscape are a perfect treat for self. Among a whole lot of things to do, here are a few fun stuff for you to enjoy in Moab:
- Raft in the waters of the Colorado River viewing the enthralling red sandstone rock canyons and enjoy the picturesque scenic view on your way.
- Have a topsy-turvy fun drive along the extremely rugged terrain on the Hell’s Revenge 4*4 trail.
- Hike or climb at the Canyonlands National Park to see the natural arches, mesas, and buttes from the top.
- Camp with the breath-taking view of the scenic landscape, 600 metres above Colorado River at the Dead Horse Park State Park.
9: LAS VEGAS
If you are looking for a mind-freshening guilt-free trip then Vegas is your best place-to-be. Splurge into an all-luxurious solo trip to this high-spirited city in the US. It has made it to the top 11 places to travel solo in USA for all the right reasons. ( Also read out guide on USA Visiting Places )
- Free your fears and skydive at the heart of the Grand Canyon viewing the astonishing landscape.
- Sip on champagne on a hot air balloon ride exploring the city from the top.
- Gamble and party all night at the 24-hours open casinos and themed bars of the famous Fremont Street.
- Book a night city-tour to explore Bellagio’s dancing fountains and the artificially erupting volcanoes at the Mirage.
10: MAUI, HAWAII
Visit this tropical island at Hawai named as the 6th best travel destination in the world. The lush greenery all around amidst the volcanic landscape is a place for a surreal experience. Set out for a delightful trip here enjoying at:
- Watch an enchanting sunrise at Haleakala National Park, located above a dormant volcanic crater.
- Enjoy a thrilling and scenic tour of the Maui’s forest on a zip line.
- Visit the Maui Ocean Centre to have a taste of the bright marine life of Hawaii indoors.
- Sun-bathe, snorkel, and bring in those tan lines at Napili and Wailea beaches and Waianapanapa State Park.
Looking for a has-it-all destination? From all-natural scenic wonders to fun and thrilling entertainment areas, Michigan offers it all. If you are planning to travel solo to Michigan, then you ought to visit these places:
- At the Mackinac, Islands go for the Great Turtle Kayak Tour or a city-wide carriage tour of the cultural landscape.
- See the windmills, bloomed tulips, museums of Holland and Kruizenza, and enjoy Dutch culture at Holland.
- Tour the Sleeping Bear Lakeshore Heritage Trail, kayak on Platte River and Loon Lake. Spend time at the Glen Haven village.
- Behold the picturesque natural scenery at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Indulge in outdoor fun by the Lake Superior.
- Worrying about the safety of your pet while you travel? The professionals at Michigan’s Dog Watch centre will customize their pet-keeping services suiting your needs and your dog’s wellbeing. Also, check out our guide on Michigan Dog-Friendly Beaches.
Choose your favorite destination from the list. Book your tickets, pack your rucksack, and set out to any of these best places to Travel Solo in the USA. I’m sure that it’ll be one of the best choices you will ever make and the experience of a lifetime.
Save It On Pinterest.